Forum:Hosting options for Uncyclopedia (wikia)
On the 31st March 2019 or shortly after, uncyclopedia.wikia.com will look like that above mock up screenshot. The existing data held on the Wikia/Fandom is likely to be deleted.
Since the initial announcement (see here https://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Forum:A message from Fandom), this website has backed up the data so nothing is expected to have been lost. This backup will include words and pictures with page histories and other data.
After extensive communications between the Uncyclopedia Administration Group and other parties, these are the considered options:-
- Uncyclopedia.wikia moves to the servers run by Lyrithya. The existing database will therefore join the existing arrangement there which sees illogicopedia and uncyclopedia.co sharing the same servers. This can be referred to the 'co' option.
- Uncyclopedia.wikia moves to the servers run by Carlb. Carlb was one of the earliest Uncyclopedians and hosts other foreign language uncyclopedias in the style of the original. This can be referred to as the 'Carlb' option.
- Uncyclopeda.wikia moves to a server run by Miraheze, a wiki farm. The contact is The Pioneer JP. This is the Miraheze option.
- Uncyclopedia.wikia moves to a server to be administered by Llwy-ar-lawr who is an active administrator on this website.
- Voting:Users and administrators/bureaucrats will have equal value as regards the vote count.
- Restrictions:No I.P. voting permitted. No account created here after 25th February 2019 will be able to vote either.
Uncyclopedians who have been active administrators (five edits or more) at uncyclopedia.co from 25th February 2017 to 25th February 2019 are also asked to recuse themselves from voting here as that would be a conflict of interest and could effect the the outcome.
The length of voting will be shorter than normal as there is limited time to come to a decision. I suggest this vote is wrapped up by Tuesday 19th March.
- Miraheze —IvanRider 00:14, March 13, 2019 (UTC)
- Note: I've copied my most major contribution to this site to the Dozerfleet Database, pending slight rewrites.
- Uncyclopedia.co King of the Internet Alden Loveshade??? (royal court) 00:59, March 13, 2019 (UTC)
- Uncyclopedia.co --— Dǐll Kevlar (talk) 01:07, March 13, 2019 (UTC)
- Miraheze. It is the only option presented in which one or several Uncyclopedians will not be de facto owners of the franchise. Assurances given by the Forkers are due no weight by anyone who might come to be regarded as a "toxic presence." This includes Lyrithya's statement that the two databases will be maintained separately. Miraheze is technically able to host us and has a disinterested group of Stewards to hold sensitive powers such as checkuser. Its finances are precarious. This solution might not be the right one forever; true about all the options, as it was about Wikia too. 01:17 13-Mar-19