Have you ever wanted to add obviously computer-generated rays of sunlight to your trees for that extra touch of fakeness? With Photoshop, it's remarkably easy. Not only can you create sun rays in a photograph, but you can even add them in real life. This is a great way to make your yard more impressive or attract people to your park or real estate.
In this tutorial, you'll learn about the technique for creating these rays and how to apply it to real trees.
Step 1: Pick a location
I used the woods behind the park in my neighborhood.
Step 2: Open it as an image
For this step, you must be using a smart device that is set up to detect and modify the environment. The Apple iAmTooSmart is a good choice.
Under the File menu, select "Open surroundings". This option does not exist in CS6 and earlier, so if that's what you have, you need to upgrade to the expensive rental version that you can never own. (It's totally worth it, trust me.) In your window you should see what looks like a photograph of the area that corresponds to what your device can see with its camera. The picture will refresh regularly, which on slower devices may be too resource-intensive. If you have a pair of iSpecs and they're connected to your device, you will see menus and some other parts of the Photoshop interface overlaid on the scene. (more...)
Previously Featured Article - Advertising
is fundamental to capitalism, because the Free Enterprise System produces a cornucopia of products, which the existence of advertising suggests that no one wants to buy based on what he knows about the product. The function of advertising is to provide information he does not know — that is, false information — to induce him to buy products he does not want. (more...)
Did you know...
On this day...
July 23: Promptly Shoot Everyone Day
- 1914: Archduke Franz Ferdinand, his wife, and his moustache are shot and killed while travelling to market in an open buggy, triggering World War I. Authorities agree it was a bad idea to be carrying a Target bag in plain sight.
- 1942: Promptly Shoot Everyone Day receives a tremendous boost with the opening of the Treblinka Concentration Camp. Up to 6 million take part.
- 1963: Lee Harvey Oswald (pictured) is assassinated in the Texas Book Depository in Dallas. His alleged assassin is promptly shot, creating a firestorm of controversy and insane conspiracy theories printed on poorly xeroxed fliers.
- 1965: Malcolm X gives a speech in New York City, decrying the racist motivations behind Promptly Shoot Everyone Day. He is promptly shot and replaced by Malcolm XI.
- 1973: Bob Marley promptly shoots the sheriff, but he swears he didn't shoot the deputy, or at least he did not shoot the deputy in a prompt and timely manner.
- 1986: Britain's Prince Andrew marries Sarah Ferguson at Westminster Abbey in London. He then promptly shoots her in the face.
- 1982: Sasuke Uchiha is born and then is shot... promptly.
- 2005: Egypt attempts to expand the festival by introducing Promptly Blow Everyone Up Day, leaving 88 dead. It is branded "a wild success" by Libyan President Muammar Gaddafi who offers to provide celebration kits to anyone who asks.
- 2007: An aspiring pornography actor adopts the moniker "Promptly Shot", but isn't hired for some reason.
Today's featured picture
Thermopylae was the top selling board game of the 5th Century BCE. Players compete to acquire wealth through stylized politico-economic activity involving the buying, rental, and trading of real estate using play drachma and bartering, whilst gathering groups of Perioikoi and Helots to work your land, as players take turns moving around the board according to the roll of the dice.
Image credit: Mhaille
Uncyclopedia's sista projects
|Uncyclopedia is an independent humor writing project, a non-profitable cabal that also hosts a range of other projects.
|32,272 articles. Uncyclopedias are being written in many languages:
This Uncyclopedia, started in 2005, currently contains |
Protected by the Fair Use Clause, and an elite clan of Clinjas.