Today's Featured Article - Trumpton
Trumpton and Trumptonshire is considered to be the 'San Marino' of England. It is what called an 'enclaved micro state' existing entirely inside Great Britain. Times have been tough and often the state has existed only as stacked boxes inside a crumbling barn but the name 'Trumpton' has lived on. It can hark back to a glorious past and look forward to a frilly future. It's just today that isn't so exciting.
Trumpton was once the smallest capital of the smallest English county of Trumptonshire in Great Britain. It is one mile in diameter and only 16 inches high. UDI (Unilateral Declaration of Independence) was proclaimed in 1958 though only Libya, Zimbabwe and Button Moon recognised the break-away entity. The United Kingdom government protested the action to the United Nations but failed to reassert its claim on the county due to Trumptonshire's tiny size and it being stuck in the early 1920s – like Llandudno. Since then Trumpton has established high level diplomatic relations with Legoland, Disneyland, Hogwarts, the Vatican and Monaco. Trumpton has retained its own currency, the Monopoly Dollar and all bank accounts are held in Liechtenstein to avoid tax. (more...)
Yesterday's Featured Article -
Did you know...
- ... that early in her career, Angelina Jolie used extensive CGI effects to cover up her anorexia? (pictured)
- ... that the A Train is "a" train?
- ... that Usain Bolt is so fast, he can run 100 meters in the same time as he can run 10 decameters?
- ... that moisturizer was a failed attempt at making human water-balloons?
- ... that the road to hell is identical to the stairs to heaven, but with elevator music and traffic?
- ... on a semi-regular basis, Britain is mercilessly hit by an attack of 'falling water'?
- ... on the nth day of Christmas, my true love sent to me a total of gifts?
Uncyclopedia's sista projects
|Uncyclopedia is an independent humor writing project, a non-profitable cabal that also hosts a range of other projects.
|32,195 articles. Uncyclopedias are being written in many languages:
This Uncyclopedia, started in 2005, currently contains |
Protected by the Fair Use Clause, and an elite clan of Clinjas.