This is where you can submit Did You Know entries. List your submission(s) below, and if the admins decide it's worthwhile, it will be added to the main page template. You can sign your submissions if you want.
Q: Why is DYK locked?
A: Because when it was freely editable, the admins felt it was too funny and dangerous to the website's reputation.
Q: I thought this website hated lists.
A: Yes, but it hates vandalism more, and this page might keep you busy.
Q: When will my submission appear?
A: When an admin decides it's good enough for the front page. Making this decision is low priority for most admins. It may not be updated with new submissions frequently, and many entries will be deleted without making it to the main template. Here's how to maximise your chances:
- Search the current DYKs and make sure yours isn't a repeat. No, "...that 75.8% of statistics are made up" won't cut it, sorry. You can press Ctrl+F to search some keywords.
- Link to good pages in your DYK.
- DO SOMETHING ORIGINAL. PLEASE.
Q: What is the template format?
A: All the DYKs are thrown into a blender using the <choose> tags. That means only a few DYKs, picked at random, appear on the front page each time you load it. So no, your little gift will not always come up. The reason we hate lists is that they (that is, you) tend to tell the same joke over and over again, and if your third copy is selected to be on the page, no one will ever know you really typed fifteen of them.
Q: What about "Do You Care"?
A: Do You Care entries are mainly for highlighting great past articles.
Q: May I begin, then?
A: If you must. Type your suggestion into Section 1. If you type it at the very end of the page, we'll know all we need to know about you.
Did You Know...
- ... that if you submit a Captain Obvious-type joke, something obvious will happen to it?
- ... that if your submission is accepted, you will have a warm fuzzy feeling not due to an infection or something?
- ... and that you write it as an edit just below this line?
- Looking for an image to submit? Approved submissions will be listed here.