This is where you can submit Did You Know entries. List your submission(s) below in Section 1, and if the admins decide it's worthwhile, it will be added to the main page template. You can sign your submissions if you want but signatures will not appear on the main page.
Q: Why is DYK locked?
A: Because when it was freely editable, the admins felt it was too funny and dangerous to the website's reputation.
Q: I thought this website hated lists.
A: Yes, but it hates vandalism more, and this page might keep you busy.
Q: When will my submission appear?
A: "Soon come", as they say in Jamaica, unless it's really bad or a repeat of an existing entry. All the DYKs are thrown into a blender and picked by a hamster, supposedly at random. So no, your little gift will not always come up or appear immediately. Here's how to maximize your chances:
- Write something original, not somebody else's meme or ancient Dad joke.
- Search the current DYKs and make sure yours isn't a repeat. No, "...that 75.8% of statistics are made up" won't cut it, sorry. You can press Ctrl+F to search some keywords. In other words, DO SOMETHING ORIGINAL.
- Link to good pages in your DYK.
Q: May I begin, then?
A: Sure! Type your suggestion(s) into Section 1. If you type it anywhere else, we'll know all we need to know about you.
Did You Know...
- ... that if your submission is accepted, you will have a warm fuzzy feeling not due to an infection or something?
- ... and that you write it as an edit just below this line?
- ...that Hitler lives in the core of the Earth?
- ...that any history book is older than Minecraft?
- ...That you weren't supposed to see this?
- ... that lightning strikes the earth forty-four times every second?
- ... and that you don't notice it only because 98% of it is trapped into glass jars to be used in Indian soap opera?