||This page is considered an ignorable policy on Uncyclopedia.|
It has wide acceptance among editors and is considered a standard that everyone should follow, unless they don't want to, in which case they are free to ignore it, in which case nobody will care. Please make use of the standing on one knee position to propose to this policy.
- Note: Uncyclopedia is not what the other article that says what it is not says it isn't.
Uncyclopedia is, simply put, a wiki dedicated to satire and other forms of humor through parodying Wikipedia and other encyclopedias, often with inaccurate, distorted, or blatantly false information.
- Uncyclopedia is not Wikipedia. Uncyclopedia and Wikipedia are quite similar in that both Uncyclopedia and Wikipedia are full of lies. The difference is that Wikipedia believes their lies are more truthful than Uncyclopedia's lies. Uncyclopedia actually admit their lies, but Wikipedia still haven't (and never will) admit their lies. Aside from this, one of the biggest contrasts between Uncyclopedia and Wikipedia is that Uncyclopedia rocks the house, unlike the nerds at Wikipedia. Because of this, some may argue that Uncyclopedia is the "opposite" of Wikipedia.
- Uncyclopedia is not your personal blog, social networking site, dating site, or image hosting site. We're not interested in hooking users up or hosting your images or blog(s). We do however emphasize on creating a user-friendly atmosphere and promoting civility among users.
- Uncyclopedia is not professional. We do not consider ourselves to be professionals when it comes to satire (UnNews is not The Onion). We do not pay users (with the exception of the Poo Lit Surprise competition prizes) to contribute, and we will never ask you for money to contribute to the site or "upgrade" your account. If you really want to pay someone in return for your enjoyment, please donate to any of these wonderful charities.
- Uncyclopedia is not for profit. Uncyclomedia, Uncyclopedia, and all of our projects are non-profit, reserving the right to sell merchandise and accept donations on the basis that it goes to furthering our cause and expanding, not to any shareholders or into the pockets of anyone.
- Uncyclopedia is not a dictionary. One-liners and stub articles in the main "encyclopedia" will be deleted, the shorter the sooner, and if you make too many stub articles at a time, you may be banned. However, we do have a project space called UnDictionary designated for humorous definitions, which by definition tend to be short and sweet.
- Uncyclopedia is not a soapbox and is not meant to be persuasive. We're not here to make a point. We don't support any political parties or causes. Uncyclopedia employs a satirical point of view (or SPOV). Additionally, any opinion expressed on Uncyclopedia by a user is not endorsed by the community, with the notable exception that the world is a better place because of the existence of
- Uncyclopedia is not a totalitarian regime with weapons of mass destruction. Our administrators are not infallible, and in a majority of cases you are urged to employ common sense and your own ethics over Uncyclopedia guidelines (which are also liable to change, though many rules on Uncyclopedia are basic common sense). Also, we do not have weapons of mass destruction yet.
- Uncyclopedia is not a bureaucracy. Rules on Uncyclopedia exist to maintain some order and stability. Some argue that the presence of rules on a website which is dedicated to humor is "bureaucratic" or "Wikipedia-like". These people are asshats and should be ostracized from the Uncyclopedia community based on sub-section 12 in paragraph 9 of chapter 42 in the "Uncyclopedia Rules & Procedures For Ostracizing Infidels".
- Uncyclopedia is not political. Uncyclopedia should not be used to promote one view over another, persuade, or advocate. Of course you will have a point of view, but be sure that your bias runs a distant second to amusing even the reader who has the opposite view. There's more about this here. Separately, plagiarism of political cartoons is also not original humor, and is likely to result in a ban.
- Uncyclopedia is not censored. Except for pornographic and shock images, hateful articles, and other material deemed inappropriate or stupid, we may contain content that some readers consider objectionable, offensive, or unfunny.