Today's Featured Article - Clay
Clay is a type of fine-grained natural soil material that contains hydrous aluminium phyllosilicates (clay minerals) that develops plasticity when wet.
The presence of clay in folk law goes back to prehistoric times. Indigenous peoples around the world still use it widely for geophagy, which beyond the polite convocations of research academia, means: "eating dirt".
The first recorded event involving clay dates back to ancient Mesopotamia, predominately on the sticky shores of the Tigris-Euphrates river systems. The Sumerians and Akkadians (including Assyrians and Babylonians) found themselves up to their waists in it, while trying to escape the Achaemenid Empire, who subsequently got all eight legs dug in as far as the metatarti fleeing from Alexander The Great, who also got stuck because he was not wearing his wellies. (more...)
Previously Featured Article - Rush Limbaugh
Rush Hudson Limbaugh III (/ˈlɪmbɔː/ LIMB-bawww; born January 12, 1951) is an American radio personality and conservative political commentator. He is notorious as the host of The Rush Limbaugh Show, a talk radio show in national syndication since 1988 and heard by 15 million listeners, each of which Peter Strzok claims he can smell at the local Walmart. Limbaugh has expressed unacceptable viewpoints on race, LGBT matters, feminism, and climate change; which, if you are out to get him, you can get ammo at Wikipedia. (more...)
Did you know...
- ... that time travel was well established before the invention of flux capacitors? (pictured)
- ... that the chickens are finally coming home to roost, but roosters are too chicken to be coming home?
- ... that I like cats, but could never eat a whole one?
- ... that while laughter is the best medicine, many cancer patients prefer chemotherapy?
- ... that when a man with a .45 meets a man with a rifle, the man with a pistol will start giggling uncontrollably over the scene in Fistful of Dollars?
- ... that at the 2018 Grammy Awards ceremony, Beyoncé had an accent malfunction?
- ... that I don't know that you don't know that I don't know that you don't know nothing?
On this day...
October 23: Dungeons & Dragons Empowerment Day, a day to let go of your guilt and shame for having played D&D as a child (or still), and instead reflect upon how it's changed you for the better.
- 33 CE - Jesus creates D&D, the Romans crucify him for this and buries the game where it is found 1900 years later. Or is that Jumanji?
- 1966 - International Federation of the Friendless is formed by Gary Gygax and other near-do-wells.
- 1969 - While others are busy engaged in the Summer of Love, Gary Gygax and Friends are busy making their own chainmail armour out of plastic plumbing washers.
- 1970 - Dave Arneson creates a scenario involving an adventure through a castle sewer, in quest of the legendary change room of maidens in waiting. He would be later arrested for being a peeping tom. The judge was unmoved by his plea that he was doing important game research.
- 1971 - Gary Gygax and Dave Arneson team up to create The Fantasy Game. Monsters are substituted for maidens, and mountains of loose change for change rooms.
- 1974 - TSR publishes the now-renamed Dungeons & Dragons® game by slapping homemade labels over used cereal boxes. In one year, the entire hand-assembled print run of 1,000 games sells out.
- 1979 - Ozzy Osbourne is chosen as official spokesman, eventually appearing in a commercial where he bites the head off of a basilisk.
- 1984 - You realize with horror that the phrase "Uncursed +1/+1 Dark Dwarven Mithril Battle-Axe of Polearm Skill" no longer sounds completely ridiculous to you.
- 1985 - Everyone starts referring to bottles of water as "Potions of Thirst Obviation" and dictionaries as "Tomes of Acquired Word Definition."
- 2003 - The first woman to play D&D is later discovered to be a shemale. Kidnapping and brainwashing females would later narrow the gender gap.
- 2005 - You catch your wife in bed with another man, but discover she was just earning 50 experience points with a Helmet of Protection +6.
- 2584 - First D&D player in history gets laid thanks to the lucky roll of a natural 20.
- 3000 - Roughly 500 years after the first D&D player got laid his great, great, great, great grandson becomes Supream Dungeon Master of Earth.
- 5000 - A jock plays D&D, a first, and becomes D&D master of the universe and all that is contained inside. The reigning Supream Dungeon Master of the Earth has a hissy.
Today's featured picture
Benjamin Franklin: founding father, inventor, politician, passionate kite-flier, and self-proclaimed King of Rhyme. In short, a true Renaissance man.
Image credit: Modusoperandi
Uncyclopedia's sista projects
|Uncyclopedia is an independent humor writing project, a non-profitable cabal that also hosts a range of other projects.
|36,408 articles. Uncyclopedias are being written in many languages:
This Uncyclopedia, started in 2005, currently contains |
Protected by the Fair Use Clause, and an elite clan of Clinjas.