Today's Featured Article - Sharpie
The Sharpie is a writing instrument that is the creative equivalent of duct tape. Like duct tape, it can perfectly mask all competing creative impulses. The Sharpie is the most widely-used marker worldwide, and is ideal for applications requiring too much detail for spray paint.
Sharpies were introduced in 1964 by the Sanford Ink Company, now part of Newell Rubberneckers. The Sharpie was invented by Tom Sharp, from which it derives its name, just as the crapper did from Thomas Crapper. Sharpies are manufactured in Mexicali, Mexico. This lets Mexicans contemplating illegal crossing into the United States take Sharpies with them anticipating a chance to disfigure American highway signs.
In 2005, the Sharpie Mini was launched. These are half-sized and have a clip to attach the pen to an earring or face piercing. Sharpie sponsored the NASCAR races at Bristol, Tennessee from 2001 through 2009. The next year, Rubberneckers switched the sponsorship to its Irwin Tools brand, as do-it-yourself power tools were equally irrelevant to car racing as a permanent marker was. (more...)
Previously Featured Article - Kamala Harris
Kamala Devi Harris (born October 20, 1964) is the junior U.S. Senator from California. She is in the Democratic Party, but unlike Joe Biden, she has never claimed, "I am the Democratic Party." She is the Vice Presidential selection of Democratic nominee Biden in the 2020 election, against Republicans Donald Trump and Mike Pence. Harris will lead her country into either a new Utopia or Hell, depending on whether you listen to Mika Brzezinski or Rush Limbaugh. (more...)
Did you know...
- ... training homing alligators also requires training them on how to use a door? (pictured)
- ... that Wikipedia tells us that Drypetes gerrardii, a South African tree, was named after William Gerrard, a botanical collector active in the 1860s?
- ... and it is a contest to see which of us could care less?
- ... that, now that I really think about it, I'm not sure what the Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle is?
- ... that the parasitic wasp Lathrolestes luteolator has changed its host from the sawfly to Steve Harvey??
- ... if you feed a man a fish, he'll eat for a day, but if you feed a man to a fish, you go to jail?
- ... that the United States presidential election of 1948 saw the overwhelming defeat of then-President Harry S. Truman at the hands of Thomas Dewey, the Republican governor of New York and former partner in the law firm, Dewey, Cheatem & Howe?
- ... that the American Civil War was actually marked by many instances of uncivil behavior?
On this day...
November 27: Alan Bean Celebration Day (the 4th man on the Moon)
- c.10,000 BCE - Hunters inadvertently wipe out the mastodons while trying to exterminate furries, who are able to survive by hiding out in hotels and convention centers.
- 1009 BCE - First recorded case of anime-character-fangirlism.
- 341 BCE - Aristotle invents the first submarine after intending it to be the first flying machine.
- 1095 - Pope Urban II launches the First Crusade, thus starting the Indiana Jones film franchise.
- 1896 - Also sprach Zarathustra by Richard Strauss is performed for the first time. It would attract the notice of monoliths from outer space as the volume was really loud despite being played on kazoos and harmonicas.
- 1917 - "Buffalo Bob" Smith is born with his younger brother "Howdy" Doody Smith being born the same day 30 years later.
- 1969 - Astronaut Alan Bean "acts out" on the Moon, destroying a camera by pointing it at the Sun, vandalizing the Surveyor 3 spacecraft and somehow manages to break two large craters.
- 1970 - Astronaut moms force NASA to send Apollo 13 to clean up the messes the previous moon landings have made. With an accident forcing the mission's return, the crew seriously considers not returning to avoid the wrath of their mothers.
- 1971 - Russia's Mars 2 spacecraft releases a landing module that crashes on the surface of the Red Planet, igniting a race with the US in a Make-a-Crater competition.
- 1994 - Counterfeit Beanie Baby toys flood the market as do counterfeit Alan Beans.
- 2015 - Russia belatedly lands cosmonauts on the Moon. They find it barren and uninhabitable but are shocked to find warm temperatures and the air breathable. They quickly realize they have landed in the garbage dump in Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of the Congo, where they are stripped of their valuables and locked in a fetid jail. Just like home.
Today's featured picture
With Tiger Woods' newest game out, all the girls can get a look at his nice big rod.
Image credit: MeepStarLives
You now only have 3, goddamnit 3 days to nominate and vote for Writer of the Month
, Noob of the Month
and Uncyclopedian of the Month
, GET VOTING!!
Uncyclopedia's sista projects
|Uncyclopedia is an independent humor writing project, a non-profitable cabal that also hosts a range of other projects.
|36,432 articles. Uncyclopedias are being written in many languages:
This Uncyclopedia, started in 2005, currently contains |
Protected by the Fair Use Clause, and an elite clan of Clinjas.