One of the seven wonders of the pre-feminist movement, the Colossus of Barbie stands as a silent sentinel, ever-watching, over Toydom's Valley of the Dolls.
In an ode to its majesty, Percy Bysshe Shelley declared:
This is evidence that when the monument was built, people were of the belief that God was indeed a woman. Take that, Benedict XVI!
- That all the world remains, to seem, unchanged,
- Her triumph o'er the rivers, wrath, and range,
- Of her immortal gaze, fixed cold with steel,
- I dare not but apease her wealth with meal.
- But, yet, Man has not seen her to the test;
- What's more, pity I couldn't bugger her like all the rest.
Image credit: Prettiestpretty